Wednesday 27 November 2013

November 2013: The busiest month yet...

It's been quite a while since my last post so I thought I'd give a fairly substantial update on what's been going in November down in Bournemouth; a ton of stuff...




First up was the Gabrielle Aplin English Rain concert on the 12th. Believe it or not, this was actually my first ever concert; yes, after all these years of missing out back home in Aylesbury I went down the O2 Academy with my flatmates Rebecca and Max. Suffice to say it was a great event and I can't wait to go to more soon. For those of you who don't know, Gabrielle Aplin rose to fame last year when she did a cover of ''The Power of Love'' for the John Lewis Christmas advert. She's an incredibly talented singer with a very soothing voice. You can check out her website here: http://www.gabrielleaplin.co.uk/

There's been a lot of things going on with media in general here at Bournemouth University. I've signed up for various writing outlets to get my work spread further, including The Rock Newspaper, Nerve Magazine and The Rock Online. The work WILL go in but there's been quite a few delays where pictures are concerned.


As part of my News and Online unit I went with my friend John to the Xbox One midnight launch last week to do my first fully fledged report. The concerns I had for being mugged that evening were quickly overcome by some really detailed interviews with both customers and Game staff, plenty of pictures and even a few tips from some pro photographers on how to best capture the moment. I am now in the process of typing up the report to go up on Bournemouth Buzz and will also be doing the same for the launch of the PlayStation 4 tomorrow.

And finally there was my birthday just yesterday; combine that with a fellow flatmate's birthday today and you get a full-on joint party in my flat filled with drinking games. Like the Gabrielle Aplin concert this was again sort of a first for me, having a ton of people around for my birthday. Things got rowdy quickly but at the end of the day people came and enjoyed themselves just as much as I did. You only get one birthday in halls after all.

That's it for now; my next review will likely be ''The Hunger Games Catching Fire'' when I get around to seeing that. See you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.